The Hastings Business Women's Network (HBWN) is a not-for-profit organisation operated entirely on voluntary basis. Any surplus revenue is invested back into the local community.
Although fundraising is not our core function, as a network we have raised funds for the local community through percentage of ticket sales at dedicated community events, raffles and auctions with prizes kindly donated by our sponsors and supporters, and direct donations. Some of our activities include:
- Liberty Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Service - through our annual International Women's Day events, HBWN supports our local crisis accomodation for women and children escaping domestic violence, raising over $85,000 to date.
- Hastings Education Fund - as an inaugural Gold Sponsor, HBWN supports local students seeking a financial grant to access tertiary education.
- Share the Dignity - each year HBWN joins a nationwide initiative to gift handbags filled with personal items for local women who are homeless or living in crisis.
- Luminosity Youth Summit - HBWN sponsors a young woman to attend the 3 Day Youth Summit held in Port Macquarie held annually.
- FreeThinkers Youth Initiative - a subsidised HBWN youth initiative for women aged 16-25 years.